The story of Armand Nicolet begins around 1875 in Tramelan, Switzerland, a little town in the Bernese Jura. Armand Nicolet, son of a watchmaker, after a brilliant apprenticeship set up his “Atelier d’Horlogerie”.
In 1902 he affirmed his technical maturity by producing a pocket watch with “guilloché”rose gold case, enamel dial, single button chronographic function, complete calendar, repeating hours, quarter hours and minutes…
When he died in 1939, his son Willy assumed the reins of the family enterprise and developed it to be one of the most important production facilities in the region.
In 1987 Willy Nicolet met by chance Mr. Rolando Braga, an Italian entrepreneur active in the watch field. The encounter proved to be strategic and was the beginning of the cooperation between the extraordinary Swiss technical skills and Italian creativity.